Getting motivated to exercise and lose weight is always a big step.
This is the first part of a 3 post walk through on learning how to get motivated and stay motivated to exercise and lose weight.
Everyone has a problem staying motivated.
As the great motivator Anthony Robbins said “motivation is temporary, like bathing i recommend it every daily”
When i initially speak to new clients about getting motivated to exercise and lose weight, i know its super vital to start this journey properly.
By starting properly i mean setting realistic goals in a realistic time frame. We write the goals down together and talk about why these goals are your goals. We talk about your immediate support besides myself.
You wil be surprised how powerful that little exercise can be.
8 Simple Tips on Getting Motivated to Exercise and Lose Weight
- Break your goals up. Instead of aiming to lose 15 kgs, why not shoot for 5 kgs in 4 weeks and work your way from there. Set yourself smaller goals to keep motivated.
- Reflect on your goals with a good attitude, stress less.
- If you have trouble narrowing down a goal, talk it out.
- Everyone gets in a slump, it’ll pass i promise.
- Look forward to accomplishing your goal with positive thoughts
- Think about how you will feel on accomplishing your goal, this will provide incentive to stay motivated. Have you heard of the rocking chair analogy?
- Stay away from negative people, they have a tendency to rub off on you
- Hang out with people who are enthusiastic, positive and full of energy
Negative Thoughts are a BIG Culprit
Negative thoughts SUCK!
Getting started isn’t usually the biggest problem its the maintaining part thats a problem. Is that something you agree with?
How many times have you started something but failed to see it through? Everyone has done it.
We have to be realistic about the goals and realise that accomplishment of a goal is exciting and great fun and in a lot of cases sometimes life changing.
You know after you’ve got through this and achieved the body of your dreams, i promise you will never be the same again.
Think Positive and Clear Thoughts
- Think about your thoughts, are they positive?
- Muddled thoughts create muddled results
- Clear thoughts create clear results
- Think about the future – what will it be like when you have achieved your goal?
- Why do you want this?
- Set yourself a clear commitment
- Stay focused; avoid distractions
- Have a good social network and share your goals. I know this can be scary but you’ll be amazed at how much support your family and friends will bring. Hell they may even join you!
- Celebrate your little wins along the way
- Literally step back & put everything in perspective,
- Talk about the slump
- Discuss their feelings if they where to stop now and slip back into their own ways.
- Talk about how they would feel if they where to accomplish their goals.
Next up, ill be discussing specific pointers on Getting Motivated to Exercise, followed by part 3 of this 3 part post series, Getting Motivated to Lose Weight.
If you enjoyed learning about these points of getting motivated to exercise and lose weight and you have something you would like to add then please feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com
P.S – I recently wrote a 2 part post titled “why can’t i lose weight?”. Let me know what you think.
Powered by Facebook Comments