Boost metabolism and burn fat. Keep your metabolism ticking over at a higher rate, thats your aim.
Recently we’ve been talking about pre workout meals and post workout meals, as well as some of the best workout snacks out there. So today I’m going to use a little of what you already know and combine it together with a few other game changing hot tips.
Below are my 10 Commandments to boost metabolism and burn fat! That sounds awesome doesn’t it? Maybe a little over the top? haha
1. Eat smaller, more frequent meals – By doing this you’re creating a thermogenic effect inside your body and a sure fire way to boost metabolism and burn fat.
By combining lean protein with the correct types and most importantly, amounts of green leafy green vegetables (super foods), good carbs, and fats (almonds, dried fruits and nuts, bananas, etc.) you’ll shift gears into metabolism overdrive and turn your body into a 24/7 fat burning lean and mean muscle machine.
Ideally try and eat every 3 hrs.
2. Eat Breakfast – This IS the most important meal of the day, i know your mum or in my case my grandma would always remind me of this and she was right!
By eating a well balanced breakfast you kick start your day and your metabolism so if you’re one of those people that skip breaky you’ve got to change your mindset because as soon as you do you’ll boost metabolism and in turn burn fat at a high rate.
I’ve recently posted some awesome smoothie recipes in my pre work out meals that are perfect for breakfast on the run.
3. Don’t buy food or beverage temptations! - You know if you stash a case of VB’s in the fridge, chocolate cookies in the cupboard, ice-cream or a frozen pizza in the freeze –sooner or later, human as we are, you will indulge.
This is just common sense: how can you cheat if there is not temptation? Get rid of the temptations.
4. Eat to avoid being hungry, not because you are hungry – This ties back to the 1st commandment. You’ve got to keep in mind that if you eat when you’re starving the chances are that you’ll over eat, right? Look I’ll put my hand for this one and say that iv been guilty of this.
If you over eat you’re body becomes sluggish and simply just won’t operate at the level you need to keep your metabolism burning unwanted fat. You’ll also most likely find that you won’t eat for some time so again you’re breaking the 1st Commandment.
5. Meal Preparation – Just as you prep for a workout, prepare your weekly meals in advance. Ideally Sunday is best or the day before you start you’re week of work. As i always say, “fail to prepare then prepare to fail”.
Click the links at the beginning of this post and check out my smoothie plans for on the go meals.
You’ll find that your cutting out junk food that you grab on the run, we’re all guilty of this from time to time.
My 6 P’s applies here: Proper Planning Precludes Piss Poor Performance! Preparing your meals and snacks is just another tool you should be using in your battle to boost metabolism and burn fat.
6. Shop Wisely – So tying in with commandments 3 and 5 – this is one hot commandment – make plans for your visit to the supermarket. Sounds silly but i promise it actually really works.
Katie and i tend to stay in the fruit and produce section for most of the visit then we mozie (you know what cowboys do?) on over towards the nuts, then off to the yogurt section and we finish in the meats, fish and poultry section.
The middle aisles are usually packed with junk and fatty foods and we’ll be tempted if we go down there so we avoid these as best as we can.
7. Water, Water, Water – The best thing you can put in your body and a sure way to boost metabolism and burn fat.
By drinking the proper amounts of water you flush unwanted toxins out of your body. Did you know that your body is 80% water?
Now by keeping your body hydrated your muscles will repair much faster as opposed to if you where dehydrated and the more muscle you have in your body the faster your metabolism operates.
When trying to lose weight your body will only let you burn fat if it feels safe. Your body has a safety mechanism meaning that if your body feels threatened it shuts down. Your body must be well hydrated if you are to burn excess unwanted fat.
Your body thinks “hey you know I’m real thirsty and I’m lacking nutrients, I’m locking down and not letting anything go”
It’s also a medical fact that hydration imbalance increases your vulnerability and risk of disease.
8. Avoid Bad Sugars, at all Costs – No soft drinks (yes that goes for diet soft drink too), no crap energy shots or anything with a high fructose level (found in corn syrup). These will not boost your metabolism and burn fat but confuse your metabolism rate.
Healthy carbs cause the pancreas to produce insulin, which acts as a signal to the brain to stop you from feeling hungry. Pretty cool hey?
When you eat high fructose corn syrup however, the brain never gets this signal so you are more likely to overeat and then gain weight. The high fructose crap is extremely low in nutritional value and extremely high in calories. Just stay away, trust me.
9. Stay out of the “Sugar-Free” Trap – These foods are full of artificial ingredients. In other words toxins they’re toxins and should be avoided. Your body actually need good sugars found in fruit to boost metabolism and burn fat.
All the sugars you need can be found in most fruits and veggies
10. Omega 3′s – I once read that not having enough Omega 3′s in your diet was as bad as smoking is for you. After i read that i began to take notice of this essential fatty acid.
Omega 3′s regulate your body and similar to commandment 7 your body needs to feel balanced and have correct amount of nutrients for it work at high level.
Quality Omega 3′s can be found in fish but if you don’t eat enough fish and unless you’re an eskimo you probably don’t then your best option is in supplement form.
Be sure to get yourself a high quality supplement not the cheap crap they sell at Swiss.
Oh you’ll also find that your memory improves as essential fatty acids are a wonder drug for the brain box.
Well, that was Boost Metabolism and Burn Fat – The Diet 10 Commandments, let me know if you think i missed one.
Yours in Health,
P.S – Stay up to date and ‘Like’ the Fast Fat Loss 4 life Facebook page
Powered by Facebook Comments